- Uses OpenMotif-Mac for "El Capitan" 10.11 due to SIP restrictions on /usr.
- Corrects bug on OS X where systems lacking X11 would not be detected.
There is still ... aw, hell.
General fixes and improvements (all ports):
- Right mouse click on an object displays its name in the status line, even
on distant objects. (Middle click is still select.)
- Double right click pops up a window with information -- future expansion
- Reload option now available from the menu or Alt-R.
- The menu window automatically repopulates the history and menu when you
reopen it now.
- Quit from the pulldown menu saves window size also (previously only
closing the window did it).
- Extraneous events generated by newer X servers now ignored in event loops.
- Print correctly gives a Not Implemented error. Well, maybe _properly_ is a
better word. Well, maybe _less unexpectedly_. Yeah. We'll go with that.
Specific to OS X port:
- Patches for fixing build errors with clang.
- Split Universal build from i386 build (x86_64 build does not yet work)
for OS X. macosx11 is an i386 build; macosxu is a universal PowerPC/i386
build. macosxu requires a PPC-capable universal compiler (Xcode 3 or lower).
- motifmaclauncher now supports Yosemite (needs a universal-capable compiler
to build, however, so it is only supported with the Universal PPC/i386
target; might be possible to use the mpw sc compiler in the future).
- Mouse events now properly managed with XQuartz again, including click-drag
to move and the manual motion buttons.
- Status line properly shifted over for the OS X resize gadget.
- Patches for OpenBSD
There is still a long way to go that is only a bit less as long as before.
- Patches for Irix 6.5. Help doesn't work right; it doesn't seem to handle
file I/O the same and there is a buffer overflow when reading the help
file, so it is temporarily disabled in this version.
- Fix for overwide spirals in Veronica-2
- Fix for 64-bit compilation on x86_64
- Put the help file in a standard location on Linux:
- Fix for failed compiles referencing uid_t and pid_t types
- Patches for Cygwin
There is still a long way to go that is mostly as long as the previous version.
- Patches for compilation on Ubuntu 10.04 (thanks also to David Meyer)
Make sure all your development headers, etc., are patched up.
- Fix divide by zero error in fps counter
- Automatically build motifmaclauncher/ (no separate Xcode step) with
- Updated install documentation
There is still a long way to go that is less long than the previous version.
- Patches for compilation on Debian lenny
- Menu reorganization, including stub menus for future features (bookmarks etc)
- More accelerator and shortcut keys
- Save to disk for unrecognized item types now enabled (to be expanded later)
- Rotational and translational speeds are now relative to CPU speed
- FPS counter in status bar
- Mousemoves are now normalized to the size of the VR window
- Double left click equivalent with middle button for selection and jumping
- Application remembers window positions in ~/.gophervrwindows. This needs a
kludge for X11.app DAMN YOU APPLE
- Menu window now opens clear of the VR window status bar
- Menu window can be closed and the VR window used by itself without crashing
the application (and reopened from File > Show Gopher Menu -- although
it does not properly update when reopened yet)
- Menu window resizes menu list to same relative size when resized
- Text window now snaps back to top after loading
- Text window properly gives confirmation when files are saved
- hURLs are now green
- Folder icons have a slant "tab" for better visual distinction. I might do
a properly modeled object later.
- Open Location better recognizes URLs (and rejects non-URLs)
- Fixed situation where shrinking the VR window would fail to update it
- Changed truncate in libtracker to lt_truncate to avoid name collisions
- Some defunct or crashing options have now been hidden for 'safety'
- Mac OS X launcher changes:
- Application can now be launched from folders with spaces in their names
- Prerequisites split out to allow interactive error handling
- Cmd-Tab switching is now fully intercepted
There is still a long way to go.
- Incorporates gopher-3.0.11 with fixes for regex
- Incorporates compat_regex.c for systems without a libcompat (Mac OS X, etc.)
- Adds macosx11 target and changes to Makefiles to compile Universal binaries
(tested on 10.4 and 10.5)
- Updates all other targets for new gopher module and autoconfigure
THESE TARGETS ARE NOT TESTED! CAVEAT COMPILOR!
- Adds dummy libtracker module for unsupported audio (Mac OS X, MachTen, etc.)
- Change stricmp in libtracker to strcasecmp
- Endian fixes to Hershey font loader (tested good on PPC vs. x86)
- Text box no longer crashes if you close it from the wm and reopen it
- i-itemtype now appears in menus (but intentionally not in VR world)
- Gopher menu window now uses monospace font so ASCII art shows up right
- Gopher menu window now tags itemtypes to entries
- Hershey fonts now format larger for today's larger screens
- Default on Mac OS X is to open images in Preview.app, sounds in QT Player.app
(and add a file extension to deal with stupidity in 10.5+ Preview.app)
- hURL support and A_HTML support
- (internal, not yet exposed) hooks for other object types
- Updated About box
- Updated Help file (and widened buffer for help articles)
You are viewing proxied material from gopher.floodgap.com.
The copyright of proxied material belongs to its original authors.
Any comments or complaints in relation to proxied material should be directed to the original authors of the content concerned.
Please see the disclaimer for more details.